Friday, January 10, 2014
The Choice
About two years ago I decided that I no longer wanted to have my hair relaxed. I didn't like how thin my hair felt after the treatment. My hair didn't grow very fast and broke off a lot. I knew that if I kept getting relaxers I would soon be bald. So I decided that I would stop relaxing it in May of 2012. I started to wear weaves and extensions. If I wanted my hair straight I would go to the Dominican hair salon in Philly to have then blow it out. It wasn't until August of 2013 that I really committed to the idea of going natural. I still didn't have a relaxer but I didn't want to wear sew-ins anymore. Straightening the part of my hair that was out was damaging it. So I searched on YouTube and found some hairstyles that I could do at home. Twist outs, Bantu knots, flat twist all became my new friends. It was great except I could see that my hair was two different textures and I needed to find a hair style that could mix both together. This was the beginning of my BACK TO NATURAL hair journey. 😁
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment